Thursday, June 21, 2007

Up and Down

They say adoption is a roller coaster ride. This one is the worst roller coaster I can ever imagine then. I had resolved not to call the agency or write after several emails that would make one wonder why we are still working to get our daughter. We have put personal feelings aside and worked hard to get her.
This became the DH job to call or write them. I just learned after we returned home from Vietnam without our daughter that it was better for our whole family if I let him handle it. So last week he was excited that after all the emails a full book of them and contact with the U.S
Embassy several times, our daughters papers were done and they only needed to head down to the region to get the date. Easy right?
We have learned nothing with this is easy and again they did not do as they promised. They have ONE yes ONE staff person for all of Vietnam and he is to busy to get our date 1 year and 9 days later. I know it is far from Hanoi to HCMC but please we have waited so long from referral and your family's your with waited what 6 weeks? I am truly happy for these families but you would think the agency would at least have someone to get the date for all the families who have waited so much longer in the South.
So back to the same no date and no return phone call from the director of our agency. Guess its easier to just let someone else in the agency tell you that they still have NO DATE for you.

Ok something to be thankful for. My kids that are home I know and they are wonderful and I cannot imagine life without them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oye

Why have I not seen enough

About Me

My photo
Full time mom part time Maid, Cook, Gardner, Chauffer. Expert at folding panties that others find amusing to throw around the store. Adopted our son in 2005 and though g-d called many to adoption it was my desire to be a mom again that called me to adoption. We have one child from Kazakhstan and one from Vietnam and hope to add one more child to our family. Our dream started with China but I knew in Feb of 2006 that the projected 2 yr wait was at least 3 and I have no patience.