Monday, July 30, 2007

Long Weekends

This has to be the longest weekend I can remember. It all started out so quiet and boy did it become a weekend to remember. Our choice of puppies changed when I got a call from a friend. Being a German Shepard family I was asked if I looked at the rescue site. Sure I have searched this site as a better way to bring a dog into my parents home. See mom does not get the computer at all. I post things here for her to see ie: the dog pictures. She could not figure out for her life (love you mom) how to view them so I posted here and she only hits Internet explorer. Yes my blog is her home page.

So Saturday morning I leave my quiet home with hubby and 2 kids and we are off to the rescue place. About 1 hour later we arrive and are shown the most magnificent animals. Most being over a year and large dogs I begin to worry can my mom handle it. Several yes several hours later we leave with a 7 month old Shepard. She is missing her tail, just removed at the vets due to infection. Could we take them all, you bet we considered it.

So back home to my house 1/2 hr west of my parents to get the crate. More time in the car poor kids and we choose to relax a bit then head back. I swore off the car for the remainder of the weekend.

Ok so I must have forgotten that part as I decided to visit my sisters grave and leave her a nice present. So off Sunday morning to the cemetery with 2 kids and a good hour drive. Yes what was I thinking. This is when you say yep she asked for it. We arrive I set up my gift and the phone rings. One hour away the other direction my son 17 is being rushed to the hospital after a motorcycle accident and a broken arm. I cannot be more thankful for an easy baby as she behaved all day so well for me. Extra hugs tonight.

I can tell you I am so tired but at 12:30 cannot fall asleep I so look forward to a quiet week. Who said having 7 kids was easy?

On the adoption front I have to comment on the referral issue. Back on the top of the list would be nice. Since we should have been then I guess we should have gotten the last referral we did not. We did ask a few weeks ago where we are on the list since ALL the families before us are home or moved on. So we gave up our referral after 13 months in one region to accept a referral in another as they suggested and we know nothing. We do know the one and only person is taking a vacation in August. He said the month of August but the agency says a week. We do know that in the last 2 weeks we have gotten little to nothing from the agency. Still in the dark and still waiting. Still hoping that one day we will get our little girl in Can Tho.

No comments:

Why have I not seen enough

About Me

My photo
Full time mom part time Maid, Cook, Gardner, Chauffer. Expert at folding panties that others find amusing to throw around the store. Adopted our son in 2005 and though g-d called many to adoption it was my desire to be a mom again that called me to adoption. We have one child from Kazakhstan and one from Vietnam and hope to add one more child to our family. Our dream started with China but I knew in Feb of 2006 that the projected 2 yr wait was at least 3 and I have no patience.