Thursday, April 12, 2007

Resident Alien?

My daughter is no alien is all I could think...
My husband and I went to the Federal building to get an immediate passport. Now your asking what in heavens name would I want to travel again for.
One year ago we signed with Faith International and asked for a girl. On June 12, 2006 we were referred a beautiful baby girl who was 3 months old. We named her Rylee-ann. Months of waiting and promises of travel it never came. In November we were told that all was signed and how they paid to fly one official from Hanoi to HCMC to sign the final paper. We traveled to Vietnam in Nov/Dec and found that all the papers were not done and signed. What we were blessed with though it having 3 weeks with our daughter. We returned home to nasty emails from our agency and no new information on the missing paper and to date still nasty emails and no information on our daughter. So back to the passport.. We hope to get our daughter and in order for me to travel Sierra needs a passport (sorry cant leave her home).
So we have a 12pm appointment and around 2:30 they call us to the window. I had over our adoption papers and she examines her passport (from Vietnam) and adoption papers and says in a nasty voice..."Where is the resident alien card". I explained she is on a IR3 and an automatic citizen and does not get a resident alien card. She snapped and wanted the court order.. Gee we have been home one week think we have been to court? I explained the IR3 is automatic as of 2003 and she needs none of this and I got yelled at.."I know the law SIT".
Do we not pay there salaries in our taxes? And are they hired only if they are rude? So we are called back up in 15 min and now asked where the court order is.. Ahh progress??? I said "I am so sorry the US Embassy in Hanoi handed me all these papers and said it was all I needed to get a SS#,Passport and even readopt. I was told I don't need to readopt to just do a name change, that is not what I want though I want a Passport.
We were finally told to come back Friday morning to pick up her passport so do you think she still needs that resident alien card?
So we are set and there is no reason 10 months have passed and they will not release our daughter. I never thought I would say this but I want to go back to Vietnam....

No comments:

Why have I not seen enough

About Me

My photo
Full time mom part time Maid, Cook, Gardner, Chauffer. Expert at folding panties that others find amusing to throw around the store. Adopted our son in 2005 and though g-d called many to adoption it was my desire to be a mom again that called me to adoption. We have one child from Kazakhstan and one from Vietnam and hope to add one more child to our family. Our dream started with China but I knew in Feb of 2006 that the projected 2 yr wait was at least 3 and I have no patience.