Monday, April 02, 2007

We got the call


We go for our Visa appointment today this is amazing. We have been here 2 weeks and 1 day and we get to go home with our DAUGHTER. This has been amazing and we are so excited to be going home to our family.

So at 3:15 we head to the U.S Embassy. I have a 3 year old, 5 month old as of yesterday and a stack of papers. I am ready if they need more. You enter the building and go through a metal detector. Them its to the office and you stand in line to pay for your visa, cost $380. Cost of Visa to Vietnam $45. We are then called up to the window asked to sign a few papers (no clue what I signed) swear that the information is true and correct (again what information?) and we are given a card to come back the next day.
I asked if she comes home on an IR3 and you want the difference? IR3 is if both parents of a married couple saw the baby prior to or during the adoption process. IR4 would be if I had only seen her and Chuck did not at all in Vietnam. More questions as he now thinks no because Chuck was not at the G and R. I explained the form states that it is at the adoption or during, more calls and I am told that he will call me at the hotel to let me know.

I did get the call at 5:45 and she is an automatic citizen upon entry IR3 hurray. I have to say though they have a reputation for being hard and making parents cry they have been very kind to me. When we had a problem they did everything in their power to help fix it. I was even given the officers personal cell phone if I needed to get a hold of him after hours.

So Vietnam we bid you goodbye and thank you for this wonderful experience and our amazing daughter. We hope to return one day to bring home our daughter with the other agency but its now close to 10 months from referral and we only get letters telling us we cannot talk nothing about our daughter.



Los Angeles here we come.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Congratulations Karrie!!!!! I can't believe that your journey is FINALLY ending!!! I wasn't sure there was a worse VN story than mine - but you topped the cake!! I am so HAPPY for you that you are finally able to bring home your daughter! By the way, she is beautiful! Take it from me, after losing a baby after a month in VN - I KNOW how hard it is to move on! However, it is worth all the pain you have had to endure once you get home with her and life starts getting back to normal!! Congrats again!!!!

Why have I not seen enough

About Me

My photo
Full time mom part time Maid, Cook, Gardner, Chauffer. Expert at folding panties that others find amusing to throw around the store. Adopted our son in 2005 and though g-d called many to adoption it was my desire to be a mom again that called me to adoption. We have one child from Kazakhstan and one from Vietnam and hope to add one more child to our family. Our dream started with China but I knew in Feb of 2006 that the projected 2 yr wait was at least 3 and I have no patience.