Friday, April 06, 2007

We are home

On Wednesday we called at 1 and they knew me by name. I was told to be there at 2pm and the Visa would be ready. Taxi packed kids loaded and off to the Embassy we headed. By this post title you can tell we got our Visa in record time and headed to the airport. We did meet a family there one of many who have waited 2 weeks and still no second call so we are more ecstatic that we chose the right agency.
Our flight was first to Taipei where we got off the plane and I managed to get two kids a stroller and 4 carry on to another terminal. Where I was told where to go. Ok lost and you can see me with a baby in the carrier, double stroller packed with a 3 year old and 3 of the 4 carry ons. The other I drag along as I push the stroller. Someone had sympathy as they sent me to the wrong place and this nice gentleman closed his counter and helped me down a hall around a corner to an elevator to check in with EVA.
The flight from Taipei to Los Angels 11 hours 30 minutes of which Myles slept about 9 or more and the baby slept most of. The bassinet is a lifesaver and the staff were wonderful.
Los Angeles was not bad and they actually pulled me from the line to process Sierras papers. She officially became a citizen at 8:50pm Wednesday.
Sierra is fantastic, right on schedule eating and doing what she should be. She is teething and has a cold but otherwise our pediatrician is very pleased with her.
For Myles who is not adjusting to time :( he sleeps all day and stays up watching t.v all night.
Pictures tomorrow. We are enjoying laying on clean carpet and playing with toys..

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats on being home! Loved following your adventure! Starting our own vietnam adventure soon!

Judy said...

Congratulations, Karrie!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to meet Sierra at the picnic.

Love,
Judy

Why have I not seen enough

About Me

My photo
Full time mom part time Maid, Cook, Gardner, Chauffer. Expert at folding panties that others find amusing to throw around the store. Adopted our son in 2005 and though g-d called many to adoption it was my desire to be a mom again that called me to adoption. We have one child from Kazakhstan and one from Vietnam and hope to add one more child to our family. Our dream started with China but I knew in Feb of 2006 that the projected 2 yr wait was at least 3 and I have no patience.