Sunday, April 01, 2007

WOW.....

Today started early. Here in Vietnam we usually are not out the door and doing things at 8am. Our groups was to pick us up at 8:10 a.m. but by standards so far this could mean up to 9a.m. They arrived and a little panic set in as the van would not fit all the families but the assured us we were only being transferred to the other hotel and would get a larger vehicle. We were actually on the road by 9 a.m which surprised me, our destination HaLong Bay

HaLong means descending dragon. A reference to the enormous beast that is said to have careered into the sea at this point, cutting the bay from the rocks. According to another myth, the islands are dragons, sent by the gods to impede the progress of an invasion flotilla. This was the site of two famous sea battles, in the 10th and 13th centuries.

It took us 3 hrs to drive and of the 8 babies all did quite well. We arrived at 12 and boarded the boat.

I think Myles was on cloud nine. A real boat mom this is to much fun.


We heard lunch was served on the boat but had no clue. The first brought out french fries and my kids were excited then 4 shrimp (each table had 4 people). It was quite good but when the snow crab came with eyes looking at me I had to think of something else. This went on and cucumbers, squid salad, whole fish (mom it was looking at us) spring rolls came it seemed like no one could possibly eat that much food.

I am proud to say I took the tinest of a bite to say I tried it and ok I didnt so the others at the table ate it.


No comments:

Why have I not seen enough

About Me

My photo
Full time mom part time Maid, Cook, Gardner, Chauffer. Expert at folding panties that others find amusing to throw around the store. Adopted our son in 2005 and though g-d called many to adoption it was my desire to be a mom again that called me to adoption. We have one child from Kazakhstan and one from Vietnam and hope to add one more child to our family. Our dream started with China but I knew in Feb of 2006 that the projected 2 yr wait was at least 3 and I have no patience.