Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hoi Chi Minh but in Hanoi

Today we woke up and thank goodness we had an excuse that our hair looked so bad. The power went out, not that power would help at this point. We learned that curly is all we will get with some frizz.. And you wonder why we lose power???


Breakfast was at candlelight but they did have some things we were able to recognize. the pineapple is better here then home. It is so neat eating and watching the traffic pass you buy. Our only problem so far is any street vendor catches Alyssa-Laurens eye and she thinks we should buy from them because they are sad.
We met the staff and off to Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum. Talk about lines, Disneyland they have you beat. We wound in and out to where they take your stroller first and purse but you are told to keep your money. If I understood right it was be back by 12 or was it 12:30. You then continue down the line around corners and past buildings to the next security that you go through. This time they scan your camera and give you a bag. What is the bag for is all I could think. Two turns and a block over is where they take your camera. Not close yet but getting there we reach the building and walk up the stairs and into a cold room with guards. It is a casket looking shrine with what would be Hoi Chi Minh inside (wax?).

Now remember I told you it was 12 or 12:30? Well we did not get back in time and our guide had no clue which way to go let alone how to figure it out. I kept pointing that way she went this way instead. Ok I knew it was wrong finally I headed my way and we found the building but it was closed.. Locked up dark as in they all left. Not a problem they will come back after lunch right? Turns out WRONG. They were waiting for us outside and not happy at all they have the afternoon off. Phew we got our stroller and my purse.

This is only the start and what an amazing town. Don't get me wrong I loved Hoi Chi Minh city but this is smaller streets and a different atmosphere.

And to end our day we took a walk to the lake. We got back before dark so as you can tell its still early but we are now 14 hours ahead (daylight savings is not observed here thank goodness or it would be 15 hrs). So by 4 pm my man was out cold.....

No comments:

Why have I not seen enough

About Me

My photo
Full time mom part time Maid, Cook, Gardner, Chauffer. Expert at folding panties that others find amusing to throw around the store. Adopted our son in 2005 and though g-d called many to adoption it was my desire to be a mom again that called me to adoption. We have one child from Kazakhstan and one from Vietnam and hope to add one more child to our family. Our dream started with China but I knew in Feb of 2006 that the projected 2 yr wait was at least 3 and I have no patience.