Monday, March 12, 2007

One last paper

We had to get one more paper since Chuck is not traveling with me, his power of attorney giving me permission to make the decisions in Vietnam. Now if they would let me sneak in an extra child while there don't think twice I would :) it does not specify much on it. So first thing this morning the notary, then to the County office in Van Nuys to pay $9 to tell someone that the notary is real. Do I wish I had a camera today. I get to Van Nuys and park (a miracle on its own) and head inside. Turns out I missed the girl who gives us the gold seal she went on a Mint break. Yeah you read that right the sign said "15 Mint Break". I so wanted to ask 20 minutes later how her mints were. You then take this document to the Secretary of State's office in L.A and another $26 dollars later they will certify the county is real. Add parking and my document so far has cost me $41 dollars. Don't worry the Consulate of Vietnam gets it next for another $50 dollars and the Express mail at $14.95 each way runs you at $120.90 least they could do is add another baby in the deal.
And now the packing they say light. If I am allowed 6 suitcases (2 per person) is taking only 4 light? What worries me is what my 14 year old is planning on packing this may go up to 6.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Karrie, When are you actually going and who's going with you?

Judy

Why have I not seen enough

About Me

My photo
Full time mom part time Maid, Cook, Gardner, Chauffer. Expert at folding panties that others find amusing to throw around the store. Adopted our son in 2005 and though g-d called many to adoption it was my desire to be a mom again that called me to adoption. We have one child from Kazakhstan and one from Vietnam and hope to add one more child to our family. Our dream started with China but I knew in Feb of 2006 that the projected 2 yr wait was at least 3 and I have no patience.