Friday, March 30, 2007

Our papers are in Hoi Chi Minh City why are we not?

So its official our papers went to HCMC to have the consulate investigate all the i's and t's of our adoption and if they are all dotted and crossed we will get a call for our Visa appointment next week. Lets hope for few delays as this is common it seems here.

I went back to the Embassy this morning to deliver a very important piece of paper. Our local USCIS changed our 171H the same day while my husband stood there and cabled it back to Hanoi so I can get the baby out. I did check out a few apartments in case we do not get out (just kidding). Now the hard part was getting there. I took a taxi and asked for the Embassy easy right? Nope it appears there are two buildings and I needed the consular section. So if I need the consular section and made it there eventually why are my papers sent across the country to the consular section in HCMC. So I am at the embassy and they direct me to the right office. Down the street then left. I ask a police officer if I am going right and he points in the wrong direction. Go figure but then again you have to see the streets here.

So who has the right of way. They did sit there for a bit jammed and you just have to stand and stare its nuts.



keep these streets in mind next time you complain of traffic. This is light.


And your last picture is formula street. I do not know how they make money when streets are all the same product. Formula street, clothes street, liquor street and on. I did not find coffin street but heard they have one.




No comments:

Why have I not seen enough

About Me

My photo
Full time mom part time Maid, Cook, Gardner, Chauffer. Expert at folding panties that others find amusing to throw around the store. Adopted our son in 2005 and though g-d called many to adoption it was my desire to be a mom again that called me to adoption. We have one child from Kazakhstan and one from Vietnam and hope to add one more child to our family. Our dream started with China but I knew in Feb of 2006 that the projected 2 yr wait was at least 3 and I have no patience.